- Who is Eclipse™?
- Formaldehyde emission has been in the news. Where does Eclipse™ stand regarding this issue?
- What is the difference between solid and engineered hardwood flooring?
- What’s unique about Eclipse™ hardwood flooring?
- Tell me about Eclipse™ laminate floors.
- Tell me about Twelve Oaks® luxury vinyl floors.
- Is there a Step by Step Guide to Floor Purchasing?
Q: Who is Eclipse™?
Welcome to Eclipse™, a wholesale flooring company. It has always been our mission to be the leading provider of beautiful, durable and well-priced floors across Canada. Currently, there are almost a thousand retail stores selling our Eclipse™ products, and that number continues growing fast. We have handpicked our best-selling colors of engineered and luxury vinyl products and brought them to the USA. We currently do not provide installation services, but many of our retail partners would be happy to assist you on their end.
To help you get started, click on Find A Store button above to explore the Eclipse flooring dealers located near you. Can’t seem to find the answer here? Call us toll free at 1-833-311-1122.Back to top
Q: Formaldehyde emission has been in the news. Where does Eclipse™ stand regarding this issue?
All of Eclipse™ products meet the industry product quality and health and safety standards. We voluntarily comply with several of the most stringent emission standards to ensure that all of our products are safe to use. Many of these possess FloorScore certifications while some of our engineered products are CARB-II certified as well.Back to top
Q: What is the difference between solid and engineered hardwood flooring?
Few can dispute the warmth and luxury feeling that only a hardwood floor can bring. Both solid and engineered hardwood floors are made from 100% wood, but the two are structurally different. The solid hardwood floor plank comes as one piece of lumber, usually ¾” thick. Engineered floor planks are constructed by laminating multiple layers of plywood together, topped with a solid hardwood veneer that is as thick as 4mm. The multi-layer core runs in opposite directions in alternating layers, making engineered hardwood the more structurally sound choice for any harsh and constantly changing weather.
View products: Engineered HardwoodBack to top
Q: What’s unique about Eclipse™ hardwood flooring?
Eclipse™ carries 8 species of domestic and exotic hardwood in over 60 unique choices, with smooth or distressed finishes. All of our hardwood floors are manufactured to meet the most stringent environmental and health safety standards. To exemplify this, most of our Twelve Oaks™ engineered hardwood flooring products are FloorScore and CARB-II certified.
Click on the Environmental tab on each product page to view our certifications. Please call us at 1-833-311-1122 if you have any questions.Back to top
Q: Tell me about Eclipse™ laminate floors.
Eclipse™ laminate flooring consists of four parts: an AC4 top layer, a high definition décor layer, a high density fiberboard core layer, and a backing layer. Consumers get the benefits of both worlds – the looks of the latest high end trends like reclaimed wood, natural stones, and driftwood but without the price associated with hardwood/marble floors. All of Eclipse™ Laminate products have the authenticated Drop & Lock joint system, licensed by Unilic® and Valinge™. This patented technology helps save up to 50% of installation time. An AC4 rating means the floor can withstand heavy residential and moderate commercial traffic.The high density fiberboard core is engineered to provide superior impact resistance and increased durability. To further protect your investment, we have included Aqua-Guard seal on all 4 sides for added protection against moisture and squeaking.Back to top
Q: Tell me about Twelve Oaks® luxury vinyl floors.
Constructed with 100% virgin vinyl material, Twelve Oaks® vinyl floors are more structurally stable than many competitors’ product on the market. Our luxury vinyl floors come in both planks and tiles. They are warmer underfoot than traditional tile or stone, and are more forgiving for everyday accidents – outstanding for busy families and high traffic spaces. These floors come in an array of realistic patterns, available in slate, travertine, wood, and many other trendy design patterns. None of our luxury vinyl flooring needs grouting, less mess, less time.
Check out the newest innovation on the market – LooseLay collection.Back to top
Q: Is there a Step by Step Guide to Floor Purchasing?
When you first start to look for flooring choices, it can be quite an overwhelming experience. Luckily, Twelve Oaks® is here to help. Follow our simple and effective guide, and we promise you can navigate through the ocean of choices with relative ease.
- Consider your lifestyle, application, pets and kids, expertise, and budget.
- Twelve Oaks® product page is a great starting point to get some inspirations. www.twelveoaks.ca/products
- Want a free sample? Simply add one to your cart. Shipping and delivery charges apply.
- Want to visit a store? Let us help. A Twelve Oaks® representative will match your needs to the rights stores located near you.
- Bring a floor plan or a sketch of the space when visiting a store
- Bring items that really represent you! Picture of the cushions, photo of the furniture, fabric swatches, or color chips
- Most people overlook this, but it is crucial to know the source of lighting in a room when choosing floors. Floor colors appear lighter when viewed in a well-lit space. Copious amount of filtered light will make the room appear bigger. When in store, always ask to feel and look at sample boards in different lights.
- Sign out a larger sample to bring home with you for a closer look under different lights. Put up against fixtures like cabinets, walls, and counter-top for better comparison.